10 May 2011

ISML 2011 - Aquamarine Necklace Showdown

Okay!! Today is the first-ever ISML Necklace Showdown!!
You can check up what is this all about on it's official website!
But, before we move on to the Necklace Showdown, why don't we check up the result from the last round and see how far my prediction go?

Firstly is Mio X Shana, with win for Shana by around 100-200 margins. I'm glad Shana was win, but kinda sad that my prediction was a miss. T^T Talking about irony...

Next, let's check Kirino X Taiga. My prediction was a win for Kirino. The result was stunning, as Taiga beat Kirino out with around 1600 margins!! That's what we get when a newbie Tsundere meet a big Tsundere (with distinct "Urusai!" of course~).

What about Hitagi X Haruhi? What I said on my prediction was right. If we talking about fanbase, Haruhism is never die! Especially againts a Tundra LOL. The goddess slam Hitagi with around 1100 margins.

Let's move to the battle of promising Newbie, Eucliwood X Kanade. Despite standing on first place on the last standing, she was literally flattened out by our tenshi with an atonishing 2200 margins! And here I was thinking Eu could stand on the same place with Kanade...

Talking about "Close Call", our last match is the one to discuss. Mikoto X Azusa ends with margins ONLY 8 votes for Mikoto. And just like I said on my prediction, because of this tight result, Azusa is ineligible for Aquamarine Necklace.

Done with the result!!
Don't forget with the vote today!!
"What about the prediction?"
Rest assured, I just wanted to start by now~
First of all, this round is unique. Why? This round is intended to choose the true winner and the true Necklace bearer. How do they do it? Simple! Take the best 7 on the standing, put them on one bracket, and you get the chance to vote only one contestant!

Why the new rules? My best bet is to minimalize the probability of someone who standing on first place by pure luck (her opponent were from the low tier + their other rivals are meeting and beat themself + etc) get the Necklace. There was a lot of cases where the 2nd position couldn't move to the first place because her opponent was another strong character while the one in the first just simply going up there veeeeeerrrryyyyy smoothly. With this new type of match, those 7 who has done their best for the period will going in a Battle Royale to determine who trully is the best by eliminating the luck factor. I mean, people only get to choose one from seven and they didn't meeting eye by eye. No luck going in there I believe. And by my experience, there are also cases where fans of character A makes Character B (who is right behind A) losing or get less margin hoping will secure A place on the top. With Necklace Showdown, it is no longer can be done.

One thing new here is there will be no single character may hold 2 necklace or more in one season. I bet it's because of Queen of ISML, Shana, able to steal 3 necklace last year (URUSAI!!!!). This kinda fair, but in it's own is a downer also. It's really fun and thrilling whether a character can get their second necklace or not. The battle between fans and other character's fans will be fierce! "Let's get her another Necklace!" "We must do all we can to stop her from getting another Necklace!" Well, this was one of the reason why the conspiracy from the previous pharagraph was executed.

So, one bracket and 7 contestant. Wait? Is that all??
Relax... They have some helluva exhibition going on here. From what I see, the contestants for the exhibition were taken from the previous exhibitions. But, I will say it first before we move on, I will only predict the Main Match result. I want to save energy and time so I will skip the Exhibition.

Okay, now let's go to the real deal!
Those who managed to get here are Mikoto X Shana X Yuki X Kanade X Eucliwood X Yuri X Mio.
It's a balanced list with 4 veterans and 3 newbies. How will it go? Mio and Shana has always been rival since last year and both are great contestant. Kanade and Eu shows an excellent record on their first period as a newbie. Yuri surprised me with her beyond-my-expectation-result as a newbie here shadowed with the greatness of Kanade. Mikoto doing great on her first period this year by finishing on the first place. Yuki managed to throw down the goddess Haruhi and managed to climb back to third position after being thrown far back on the second and third round.

Simply said, it's a huge confusion how to predict the result. Choosing who to vote is one thing, but predicting the result is a hell. Those 7 are great girls and really deserve their position there for God sake!! How should I predict this?! Well, that's not for you to answer. It's my job to predict, so you can sit back and enjoy the match while wondering will my prediction come true or just another "prediction"...

Okay, I'm trying to use my favourite way to choose, elimination...
First, from the last match we know Kanade right now is above Eu, so we can strike Eu.
Between old timers Yuki and Mikoto they have approximately same votes and margins. Hard to choose, but seeing the performance on how they have done on this period, I pick Mikoto as she was more stable than Yuki.
Shana and Mio are enemies, or more fitting, nemesis. Can't say this one easy, but from the last match, Shana look stronger. But wait! This time, all K-On! fans has no other contestant to vote, so I bet Mio's vote will be rising up to the heaven.

That's the first elimination. Next!
Kanade and Yuri. As you may see or maybe feel yourself, Yuri figures is shadowed by Kanade. Kanade shows strong and great power here on the first period. I pick Kanade.
Now, Mio and Mikoto. Another hard choice, but I need to do this. Somehow, Mio performance was below Mikoto on this period. Like I said before, Mio may get a rise on the vote because of that reason. But hey, that's not the sole factor here. I don't know what, but I have a hunch that Mikoto will stand above Mio.

Last, between Mio and Kanade, who are the one who deserve hte first Necklace of this year? Well, first, both Anime have ended but surely leave a great mark on our memory. Second, both really are great on the anime. Let's look Mio as something like this, her great performance last year is because of K-On!! still running. While Kanade has been really great since the start of ISML WITHOUT any of her anime running. If we look this way, Kanade will stand on the top and get the Necklace!!

So, my prediction is that Kanade will take on the Aquamarine Necklace!!
Is this correct, or not? Time will tell.
But for now, it's time for me to run away and back to whatever I was doing.
And hey, don't forget to vote, okay?


This is Benard reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment