10 May 2011

Any Spaces for Another Console?

 Lately, I've been wondering, "Was my decision to buy XBOX 360 back there wrong?"
Why did I ask that?
Okay, let's start from the beginning.

One and a half year ago, I started to feel that my PS2 and my then-really-really-crappy-and-old PC (aged almost 10 years without any upgrade) couldn't fulfill my gaming needs anymore. I was thinking to bought one of the Next Gen Console, but stuck with one simple yet crucial question. XBOX 360 or PS3? (FYI, I've never consider to buy WII at all so far).



That question is probably one of the most asked question by those who want to step up to a brand new world laying in front of him. While I still confused, my friend ask me whether I want to buy his XBOX or not. He wanted to buy a new one that have the Falcon Motherboard. He wanted to sell it to me with low price and didn't have any problem with doing credit. I was thinking for a while back there. One thing for sure, my TV was CRT and by default couldn't run PS3 from info that I've found. (there's also a concern about bootlegged game, but I'll save it for now) That's said, I went and took his offer, a XENON XBOX 360 with a good condition plus 2 wireless controller. How good was the condition? Waaaaaayyyyyyyy too good that until now it never show any RROD symptoms at all.

And then, one year after that, I bought an LG 32" LCD TV HD Ready. I plugged in my XBOX and was amazed by the graphic (by then it's a rare thing for me to see a HD media aside those I saw in electronic shop). It was so clear, but after a while I get used to it and not really enthusiastic anymore about that. Yet, I've come out with new problems. I've following the news from gaming industries every now and then and found out PS3 has more great exclusive games that looks really great and make me drooling just from hearing some one say, "I've played the game." Those titles like "God of War 3", "Uncharted", "Infamous", and the great "Hard Rain" make my hands itching to try it. Not to mention several outdated games that I really wanted to play like "MGS4". Well, of course XBOX 360 also have Exclusive games that are really great, let's say "Halo 3" and "Gears of War 2". Both are quite old game and so far there are no great Exclusive games that can move me. Fable 3? It's exclusive, of course. But it's not that good to be on the same line as "Halo" and the like (trust me, I've better off replaying the First Fable trice more than replaying Fable 3).

One thing for sure, with the LCD on my room (and Jailbreak on the loose) I've lost every single reason why XBOX is the one for me. As I can see it by now, I'm more suited to PS3 than XBOX. XBOX is heavily focused on XBOX LIVE and online multiplayer games. Let aside the high price for original games for online, my country internet connection is as bad as broken leg tortoise trying to climb the Everest. Simply said, I (currently) have no way to experienced and enjoyed the amazing world of online gaming with my XBOX unless I go to some game center who have over the top connection (which probably around the same as ordinary house on USA or Japan). That said, PS3, which not heavily focused on online gaming, is more suited to me. And with the reason on the first sentence on this paragraph said, right now I really, really want a PS3.

The problem? What else other than money?! As a normal university student, I don't have that much money, especially because my main source of money still come from my parents. Moreover, in Indonesia, it's really hard to find some little part time jobs compared to Japan, USA, or Australia. There are many people who need that job really badly than any university student. Well, I've started to try something to get little income by now, but I bet I still can't get a grip on that PS3 until I graduated, which happens around less than a year. I doubt I can have it within one year (unless one of my ultimate plan suddenly burst into success). It's a pain to see a lot of great PS3 games laying around with me can only see them from the bench.

So, why do I write this one?
Well, I've somehow seen the advertisement for Infamous 2 with Uncharted 3 demo included. And THAT'S plus the fact that I haven't played any good game since Crysis 2 and get "meh" everytime I saw the XBOX game list makes me wanna buy a PS3.
Oh, btw, I haven't tried Portal 2 yet. Hope it can satisfy my hunger for a bit...

This is Benard reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment