07 June 2013

Real Life Terminator Is Nothing Like Arnold - Unless You Think Arnold Is Moe

Yeaaaaahhhh.... The title is creeping me out a bit...
Anyway!

I was chatting with several guys and gals on a certain Internet Radio that I frequent when suddenly I stumble across a topic that really intrigue me.
A Smart Doll.
It's a doll but it's SMART!!
Well, I don't think it will be smart enough to do your homework though.

Although a doll can cover a whole bunch of doll types out there, I'm quite sure the one that we will talk about is about a certain Doll that was both expensive and popular lately.

Millhiore F. Biscotti - My favorite dollfie

Yup! Most possibly they are talking about THAT kind of doll. Not some other creepy one.

NO!! Definitely not THAT one!!
Yeaa... That's creepy...
Especially when we're realizing that the Smart Doll here is a doll that can move and interactive!
Imagine if a cute little Millhi-chan greet you up when you are wake up in the morning...
Now imagine that very scene, but instead of Millhi, there's Chucky instead...
That's what a dictionary definition of scary...

Dollfie is something that currently 'in' for the Japanese Culture Fan (No, for Christ sake, I won't use the 'otaku' terms unless as intended by the original meaning). It's a kind of doll that you can build by yourself or buy the completed one. Of course the plus side of making your own is that you can make your Dollfie however you like it. Building your own Dollfie means that you have to pick parts of the dollfie yourself; What her eyes looks like, how big the head should be, how the body should shape, etc. Yes, the sell parts of the Dollfie to let user, erm, I mean consumer make a Dollfie like they want.

And since you get parts of it, you can make it a long-term goal. For this month get the head first, then get the eyes for next month. That will be easier on the wallet for you. Although I think it will hard for you to sleep with an eye-less and body-less head staring to you all day for months.

"I'm gonna stare at you without my eyes!"
I think I'll get both head and eyes in the same time if I ever want to have one.

So, from the chat I have with those guys, I went to Danny Choo websites and found out that Danny Choo is making a real life terminator! Or Chobit. Your pick. Note: I ended up reading a lot of his post while copying the link for that one... And I suggest you to read some. They're both informing and inspiring.

Now as you can see and read from that link I gave you, Danny Choo is on his way to make what will be the first ever interactive doll. Basically it will be a robot with soft Vinyl as it skin and looks like Mirai Suenaga. Let's just say it's an interactive Mirai Suenaga dolls.

This cutie as an interactive doll? Who doesn't want?
Danny Choo spent several months to make his own dolls, Mirai dolls. Using Rapid Prototyping technology, he make an original one of a kind Mirai Suenaga Dolls! At least until he try to mass produce it which mean it's not one of a kind anymore :p

And he didn't stop there.

It's alive!! It's alive!!!
Yep, he's putting robotic gears and part into that very dolls and aiming to make it move. His goal is a moving doll which can interact with you. Well, not interact as in conversing. That would be scary (or crazy cool! Your pick.). Maybe at least some simple gestures and greetings like "Okaeri," "Ohayou," or "Otsukare." Hence the title SMART DOLL. Though a smarter one would be cool.

That Yukata + Pants are so cute! The more reason why I want one. Doll, not yukata and hot pants.
One thing that I'm not really like are her oppai. Yes, those 'Melon Rack' is way too big for my taste. He said he want to make a smaller one though. Hope it's on the right size. Talking about racks, Danny said he want to put the speaker on those 'Law-Breaking' 'Melon Racks'. Seems like the empty spaces there is a good choice to put some speaker, eh? I don't know how soft soft vinyl can be, but I think it won't be jiggling and bouncing around when we put some music through them oppa*ehem* speakers. Too bad :(

Danny intended to mass product this Smart Doll. Good news for us NEET and nerds! No, not us. Umm... You! You NEET and nerds! Though I wouldn't deny that the idea of interactive cute dolls sure intrigue me.

But the good news will be a bad news when you heard the project name. Danny call this Mass Producing Smart Doll as SKYNET. Yes! THE Skynet! Those photo I post above is the photo of advanced robot from the future trying to kill Sarah Connor and conquer the world!! Well, I don't like the idea of that cutie killing someone, but I'm sure don't hate the idea of the world getting conquered by those cutie.

"Sarah Connor?" *BANG* *Dead*
Now now. We finally can see that world is sure will be how those Terminator movie depict. Human-like robot walking around and ruled the world and trying to eliminate us human. But, hey! Look at the bright side! At least we don't get Beefy Arnold Schwarzenegger running around hunting us down, we have a cute Mirai Suenaga with Melon Racks going about hunting us!

Hmm... I think that is a really much better choice for the machine if they want to kill us. If you see a huge brawny man on the field with leather jacket shades and guns, the first thing goes into your mind will be, "That guy is dangerous!" And you turn and run. The terminator then need to run to catch you if it want to kill you.

Imagine if a really cute and slender girl with a great sense of fashion walking around. The first thing goes into your mind will be, "That's one helluva girl! Wish I could get to know her." Then as you passed her, you turn around, call her and ask her name. The next thing you know, you already dead. No wonder they send a chick the next time around. Looking at today's human behavior, a female terminator is much efficient.

See? Seems like human is still superior than machine in understanding human mind and personality. Until at least they could seduce their target instead of scare them away, I thought we're safe. But, I was wrong. Danny Choo is on his way for a breakthrough new type of robot which could be the first step to create the Real Life Terminator. And it's cute!

She's cute. Maybe it won't be that bad getting terminated by her.
Be careful of the Terminator!

This is Benz reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment