10 June 2013

A Cardcaptor Sakura Remake?! For Real??!!

So I got this news from my friends.
Not really sure whether this is true or not though.
But hey! They have a magazine photo!

Oh God! Syaoran and Sakura in wedding dress!! I APPROVE THIS!!

The main source for this is from http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7164074.html
Yeah, all in Japanese. No, I'm not able to read it. Yet. But at least from simple reasoning I can see where things are and use Google Translate to help me.
Japanese:
本誌は『CCさくら』を捕獲したい!!
”汝のあるべき姿に戻れ。リメ~イク!”

P「どうせなら、新しい『CCさくら』を作りたいです。できれば、だけど・・・・・・」


Direct Google Translate:
The journal would like to capture the "CC Sakura!" !
". Rimet ~ Ik return to the way it should be of thee!"

P and "anyway, I want to make a new" CC Sakura "., If possible, But ... ..."


After editing, re-arrange, re-translate, and asking here and there:
The magazine would like to capture the "CardCaptor Sakura"!!
"What it should have been for you, A Remake!"

Producer: "anyway, I want to make a new "CardCaptor Sakura", If possible, But ..."
Sorry for the lousy and unwarranted translation, but I can't read Japanese yet.

Anyway,
I was like, "WHAAAAAAATTT!!!???" when I heard that.
CardCaptor Sakura probably one of the very first favorite anime that I've watch.
Well, other than BT-X and Samurai X (why both have 'X' on it?).
And other than Digimon, Gundam Wing, etc.

What I'm saying is CCS is an amazing anime and a remake will be very great!!

CCS was possibly CLAMP's best work so far. Gaining critical acclaim in and outside the country. Both the manga and the anime are praised by critics and overwhelmingly popular. In my country, Indonesia, it was aired sometimes in 1999 on TPI every Sunday morning. It featured dubbed OP and ED and really popular here. Hell, I even still remember most of the song now. It was then aired again by a different TV station, RCTI, every Sunday morning on 2003. It featured different dub and undub OP and ED (i.e. in Japanese) (which I hate by the time since I can't sing along). The popularity was amazing and prompted a lot of kids in my school to watch it and discussed it almost everyday.

 Ah, the good old day *exhales*. The 90's and 2000-2005 was the 'Golden Age of Anime' in Indonesia. Sunday morning was flooded with anime with major TV station had their own favorite anime. Some other anime also aired in the weekdays' afternoon. The dub back there was great! Well, either that or I wasn't at the age to distinguish good and bad dub. Nowaday, it's hard to find Anime aired on local TV. Only a handful of anime get aired on Sunday morning and only few TV station show anime at all. And the dub wasn't that good.

Eh? I'm getting off topic? Err... BACK TO TOPIC!!
Although this news about CCS remake is magnificent, I'm curious about the 'but...' on the last sentence. Yes, it is 'but' from 'dakedo'. I didn't mistranslate that one for sure.
How true and how real this is still not known.
We only know that the producer has spoken his interest.
Whether the remake is real or not is another story.
I can't read the article on that magazine because both the size and the language.
I really hope it will shed some light soon.

That said. A lot of people (if not all people) really hope they will give CardCaptor Sakura a remake.
Let's pray for this to come true!

This is Benz reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, fellow Indonesian! I was just typing on google image to find a desktop wallpaper, whether they have "Cardcaptor Sakura and Li Syaoran Wedding". And the picture from your blog showed up! Please could you tell me if there's any updates about the remake! I REALLY WANT THEM TO DO IT.

    These few days I've been rewatching all the episodes of Card Captor Sakura and is smitten by Sakura and Syaoran all over again. My mood will just light up everytime I see Sakura and Syaoran scene.
    It was my favorite childhood anime, and I was 7 when I watched it. Now, I'm 23 and no longer stay in Indonesia! and my love for this anime never dies. Can you imagine?! xD How I've missed the time when it was still on TPI with the dubbed version. hahahaha anyway, if there's any update about this. Please let us know, okay! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for taking your time to read my blog!

      Sadly, that's just about the only information we're given right now. It's almost a year now but no further information that I can find. Seems like the producer only want to made it yet unable to make it into fruition yet.

      Let's just hope he can managed to turn it into reality :)

      Delete
    2. Hello! The remake is going to be released this January 2018! The official trailer has been recently released.

      Delete