28 January 2011

The first exam... How did it go??

As I promised, I'm back today!!
Quick am I??
That's what I'm aiming for. Typing everything that I want here XD

What I want to share to you today is how my exam going, just like how the title suggest. 

So, as you may already know, today I went through my first Final Exam on this semester. It's Web Programming, and the slide material is too much. Luckily, most of them are code examples, so WE (means all of the guys and girls on same subject and semester) thought we can just skip the codes and just focus on the theories. Fortunately, there are also some guy-without-anything-else-to-do translate the cumbersome slide and throw away the example codes and leaving only theories and important codes.



As lucky as it may be, everything was not as good as you may think, good fella. These guys, the ones who translate the slide, using Google Translate as his translation method. Okay, I know lot of you guys think that Google Translate as one of the most powerful translator available around, and I'm one of that group. Sadly, the only down point of Google Translate is that it doesn't really effective to translate one long sentences. Heck, it having hard time to translate 5 words phrase, save the sentences.

So, what? The problem is, these guys using Google Translate to translate one full sentences. Well, you can guess what the result. The translation is rubbish in some part. This is often happen around exam days. But, I've seen other worse than this one. I don't know how, but the rubbish parts are not many. Still, I have to open the real slide to understand the meaning. But frankly, this translation is so much better than something that usually around. Well, I'll let you know if I met worse translation than this one.

So, that's being handled I still have one problem. I left my mouse at my home. Somehow I done a really dumb mistakes like that. So, I used my borrowed-from-a-friend Pen Tablet as a substitute for my mouse. While I was planning to play Mass Effect 2 today, but this accident left me without any other option other than "don't play". Well, at least the pen tablet serve it function as a mouse's substitute.

So, now we move to the exam!
How was it? Good? Bad? Maybe? Tiresome? Or what?
One thing for sure, every single person that I met was complaining. And I'm one of them. Well, I won't say much about some trivial thingy (as I'm afraid someone from the university read this and get me a penalty or something), but here's the thing.
It have a Case Problem. Okay, that's standard and common. Nothing wrong with that.
The case need us to write the full code, not just part. Heck, even if they asked us to write the important part only, the code force us to write it full. We need full code to make this one right.
But, when we read the case, it's a Java Script type of case, not JSP. And they need us to do it in JSP. Well, that's start to get in my nerve.
Then we were asked to do the case TWICE using two different, but similar, language(programming language, in case you don't know and get confuse). Okay, one is troublesome, two is overkill.....

When I see the case, I stop writing at all and thinking for more than two minute. That's only to determine how many variable do I need and how many gap should I give here. Another two minutes were added to think about how to do this and that (which in the end force me to make functions).

And still, even after that lot of thinking, I still do revision here and there. Slash this part down, change that line, adding this command, re-write the function, add some new function, etc etc. The result? An answer sheet full of scribble and line and scratch and slash. Really messy if you ask me. On top of that, I'm sure I still have mistakes here and there.

Well, what a great first exam isn't it - -' But, look at the bright sight!! There are one less exam to worry about!! The next one is on Monday!! I'll tell you the result then!


This is Benard reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. lol~
    same here..
    that was the most unbelieveable,ridiculous,spectacular(*lebay*) exam i ever had..
    i could do the multiple choice & essay(at least 75%),but when i went to the level 3 -> case, ........Jesus Christ Mother of Earth #$^$%&&@$!@!!

    WTH is that... =="

    but anyway,just forget it..let's focus to IMK.. XD
    there are still 6 exams that waiting for us..haha~
    GBUs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!
    At least I'm not the only one thinking that way~

    ReplyDelete