31 January 2011

Second Exam!! And what I did in between....

Heya!!
Nice to see you again! (liar! You can't see us from there!)

Anyway, like I said, today was my second exam.
Human-Computer Interaction.

I can't tell much, because there really nothing to tell - -
Except maybe for the Case Question and Essay (well, that's everything though).

BUT!!!!!!!!
Before all of that!!
Between the first and the second exam were two days off. What did I do back there??
Here's the answer!!!


On that in-between days I've forged again my copycat skill (it's where I draw based on other images, but not tracing.) And that's the result!! A cute Yui from K-On! ^^
I've also tried to color it using Photoshop and a pen Tablet that I borrowed from a friend of mine. The result of the colored one can be seen on my DeviantArt http://dbrokensoul.deviantart.com/

Now, back to the exams!!!



So, this subject has been famous for it's tendency to give a lot of attention to case and almost like want to throw away the essay. The case have 70% of total score, while the essay have to feel enough with 30% only. The essay have 3 question. Normal for 30%. Each question have two part of questions. That means one part weight only 5% from total score. Nevertheless, these 5% need to be explained and elaborated, with most have more than 3 points to be explained >.<

While I struggle with the feel-not-so-important-5%-kind-of-questions, the clock keep on ticking. (Tick Tock Tick Tock) The more I dive into the essay, the more my case question become in danger.
That said, those essay that I forgot the answer are skipped and filled with anything my brain can think of (I blame half of this to the unstructured sentences on the slide materials). After that done, I quickly move to case question.

We were asked to draw a menu, form, and storyboard. My time was consumed by thinking what should be on the menu. In the end I draw three type of menu; one for guest, one for user, and one for admin. But, that alone already take a lot of my time. Next is form. That one was done very quick. Well, how do you expect a form would be? 90% part of every registration form are all the same, you know.

The last, and the longest time needed to make (if not the hardest), is storyboard. What we have to do is design a website-wannabe layout. In my experience on creating a storyboard (I've been doing this two or three times, all created on exam and always get a good result with 99 as my highest score) what's important is not how good and beautiful your design is. NO. That's a common (probably) mistake (except for some lecturers, who want the design to be colored -.-a). So far, what I need is an effective layout, a layout where user get all they want and the website can do what they should do well. My storyboards are mostly sketches with arrows and scribbles here and there, and a lot and detail explanation for "What can we do here", "What will happen if I do This", and "How can we do that". That's, my friend, is what give me almost perfect score up there.

Sadly, because I have waste a lot of time on other part, I didn't get enough time. I do it all in a rush. I'm afraid there's something I miss back there. The question ask us to create at least 5 pages. Well, I've done 5 pages, but if we see the question, it need at least 8 pages to become a complete website. Not only that, I also missed to draw some important part that were asked. Sob T^T I just need to believe on the 5 I've done.

So, that's a review of today's exam. The next one is on Wednesday! It's Multimedia Programming Foundation! I love the project, but can I strife on the written exam?? See the result on Wednesday!!!

This is Benard reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment