07 September 2014

Unboxing Caster Fate/Extra CCC SEGA Prize

"I need to carefully stretch her leg a little to put it inside the hole"

Hello guys!
It's been a while (months!) since my last post. I'm so very sorry for that. Laziness kicked in, got new plaything (3DS), tons of anime to watch; between all that, squeezing in writing a blog post is really though.

Not so long ago I read an article about procrastination and how to handle it. I somewhat decided to follow it's suggestion for this blog. I'll make a promise here up front, "I'll post at least 1 new blog post each week." There. This means that every week there will be at least 1 new post in this blog, whether you like it or not. I do hope I could post more than 1 post a week though.

Anyway, not so long ago I got my Caster SEGA Prize Figure. When I wanted to open it, I thought, "Well, I've never did any unboxing post before. That could be a nice thing for my blog." So here it is! I decided to take pictures and documented my unboxing of this very cute figure.

A little introduction of the character seems like a good place to start. I'll try my best to avoid spoiler. Caster is a heroic spirit summoned to 'caster' class in a fake-or-something (can't remember and can't be bothered to google it) Holy Grail War. The event is told in a PSP game called Fate/Extra. The game also have special edition called 'Fate/Extra CCC' which also in PSP. As you can see from the name, the game is one of the ever-growing Fate series. Caster's outfit in this figure is the alternate outfit (iirc) in the Fate/Extra CCC.

It's annoying how all the people in my facebook commenting ONLY on her melons.

The photos are taken with my 5MP phone camera (I don't have a camera :( ), which is a Lenovo S560. Please pardon the quality orz. Some of the photo have been digitally processed to present it as accurate OR as pretty as possible.


Let's start with the box. The box is quite sturdy, although I don't think it's as sturdy as Nendroid boxes. It feels more rigid since it doesn't have cutout 'window' like Figma or Nendroid. The front of the box has the figure's image printed on it while the right side features a nice half-body illustration of Caster. The left side and top side has the game's title printed on it while the back has a big white box with lines of Japanese which I can't read. (My Japanese only extend on most Hiragana, few Katakana, and next to nothing Kanji (Only know watashi, nani, onna, mizu, and hana))





The left side and backside has nothing special so I didn't take any picture.

Let's open the box, shall we?

My S-side tingling a little bit when I saw this


The container plastic feels flimsy and not really sturdy. Some part can deformed with small pressure. Thankfully, it did its job well enough to protect my precious figure. The stand is taped on the back side of the plastic container. You can see how flimsy the container on the photo above.


The stand has 3 holes for the pegs to keep our Caster standing right; one on the left and two on the right. The stand has the game's logo printed in b&w on the left side while the holes for the pegs are mostly on the right side. The stand feels solid and strong unlike the stand for my Love Plus's Rinko from Konami. This one feels sturdy. The color is black with matte finish. It's also nice to the touch. I personally really like the stand.

Digitally enhanced, because she looks prettier this way
And now, let's go to the Caster herself. The figure is posed with a cute pose. Caster standing slightly sideway to (her) left. Her right leg bend a little and her right foot is tip-toeing. Her head is tilted slightly to the right with her eyes focused forward to us.

Hot pants... With frills!


The hotpants with frills looks cute! The arms part kinda worries me though. While it nice to see the arms not fully merged with the sleeves, the arms feels flimsy. I can literally shake hands with her! Kinda scared it'll snapped if something stuck on it or hit it. Fortunately, the sleeves are wide and somewhat protecting the arms this way.


Here's Caster's ass- er, I mean her back. We can see most part of her back because her costume is open in the back. Caster's tail is sturdy and nice to the touch. You can safely pick her up from her tail without too much worry.


'I need to carefully stretch her leg a little to put it inside the hole'

There are three pegs on her feet. Two on the left and one on the right. The right one only has one peg because she's tiptoeing. The pegs fit nicely and firmly to the holes. The only problem I had was that the right holes is not exactly in the same position with the peg so I need to carefully stretch her leg a little to put it inside the hole ('I need to carefully stretch her leg a little to put it inside the hole,' this could have a really different meaning in a different context). It seems it's intended to make the pegs planted more firmly inside the hole. Other than that I have no more trouble with the pegs.

Caster, standing in all her standing glory

And now, let's talk about what I don't like about this figure. First of all, paint job imperfection. There are several parts that has noticeable defect in the paint department. Here's what I've found so far:



Either that's a defect or I just have no clue that Caster has a mole on her right thigh.
There's a little black scratch on the tail and a black dot on her left sleeves and right thigh. I'm quite sure Caster doesn't has a mole on her right thigh. Maybe I should check her thigh again later.

I've also talked about the flimsy arms, but since that kinda protected by the sleeves so it not really a problem. One that really concern me are her twintail(?) hair. Those  two are really flimsy and really scare me everytime I touch them. The ears on the other hand turned out to be quite sturdy.

The last thing that bugged me the most is her skin. I have several figmas, Nendos, and PVC figures and I always like the feel of their skin; not too smooth, yet not rough. I noticed that Caster's skin is too smooth and kinda slippery. Her left thigh even too shiny (kira-kira~). I've compared it with SEGA Prize's Haqua's thigh and Konami's Rinko's thigh and indeed Caster's thigh feels too sleek.

.....I looked like a pervert am I, comparing girls thigh like that......
But! Overall, Caster's skin is indeed too sleek/slippery/smooth compared to my other figures.

Anyway! All in all SEGA Prize's Fate/Extra CCC Caster is a cute figure. Of course it is not perfect with several paint defect. This is a Prize Figure after all. There are flimsy parts too, so she should be handled carefully to avoid any unwanted accident. Oh! Don't forget she has a pair of melons too!

Maybe I'll do another unboxing post again soon. After all, I still have a bunch of unopened figure since God knows when.
Partly because I'm too lazy, partly because I don't have anymore place to put them in the office.
It feels nice to write a blog post again. I'll make sure to write another one soon. With a dozen of good anime this season, I'll have enough material to review in this blog :P

This is Benz reporting, see you on the next post!!
AAAAAANNNNNNNNNDDDDDD CUT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment